During your stay at Ingalls, you may have many tests, procedures and services. So, you may receive many bills and statements. Patient financial services
is here to assist our patients in these areas:
- Understanding insurance forms
- Understanding benefits as related to hospital charges
- Making arrangements for charges not covered by insurance
- Attempting to collect from health insurance companies
Find out which insurance plans are accepted by Ingalls.
Accepted forms of payment:
- American Express
What to bring when seeking financial services
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Physician order
- Social Security card
We want you to be focused on your health on the day of your test and not about the amount of the bill you will receive
after your service is performed.
Ingalls offers a "NO WORRIES" Customer Service Initiative regarding patient out- of-pocket expenses. Our highly trained
Patient Access Representatives will estimate the patient financial portion of your services and work with you on several
In order to better plan for your exam, we want to encourage you to call our Patient Access Representatives and receive an
estimate of your portion. Ingalls is pleased to offer several options to handle that balance.
- Option 1 – Pay the balance in full on the day of your test and receive a 20% discount
- Option 2 – Make a deposit and set up an interest-free monthly payment plan.
- Option 3 – Speak to a Financial Counselor to assess your eligibility for enrollment in Medicaid or Financial Assistance.
Please contact our Patient Access Representatives at 708.915.6045 as soon as possible to receive your estimate.
Ingalls provides a 65% discount from total charges for hospital services for uninsured patients. This discount is applicable for hospital services only;
physicians involved in your care should be contacted directly regarding their charges.
Ingalls offers a wide range of programs to assist patients with their medical bills and can assist patients with applying for various programs
(Illinois Medicaid, Kid Care, Crime Victims); read our Program Policy and Procedures here. Patients with earned income less than 200% of the U.S. poverty level are eligible for a 100% reduction of
hospital total charges through the hospital’s Financial Assistance Program. The Federal Poverty Guidelines
are determined by the Department of Health and Human Services. Please click here for a Financial Assistance Application or contact our Customer Service Unit for additional information at 708-333-1100.
Download a brochure.
If you have any questions:
SeniorLife is an Ingalls resource for adults over 50. It's free and you don't have to have an Ingalls physician to join. Benefits include:
- Information and assistance with Medicare and secondary insurance information
- Complimentary HealthSource Test - a test to evaluate your cardiac risk factors and overall health
- One month of Cardiac Phase III exercise
- Services of a SeniorLife Advisor
- Travel opportunities
- Resource information for older adults
- Discount in gift shop
- Discount on hearing aids bought through the Ingalls Speech Audiology department
- Opportunity to participate in the 55-Alive driving classes at the hospital
For more information call 708.915.6885.