Quality awards are like vital signs. They tell you a lot about the health of a hospital. And judging by the numerous honors and recognitions we have received, Ingalls is healthy indeed.
- According to the October 2015 edition of Chicagomag.com, Ingalls has the lowest emergency department wait times out of Cook County's 10 busiest ERs. In fact, of the more than 103,000 ER visits to Ingalls in 2014 (including the hospital and three Urgent Aid facilities), Ingalls patients waited on average only 11 minutes before they were seen by a doctor or nurse, nearly half the wait of the next lowest hospital. What's more, Ingalls patients were treated and sent home in just 2 hours and 12 minutes.
- Out of more than 2,200 U.S. hospitals, only 338 made it to 2015's "Most Wired™" list, demonstrating some of the most advanced health information technology use and adoption in the nation. Ingalls was the only independent hospital in the region to earn the distinction that lauds hospitals for their efforts to improve patient documentation, advance clinical decision support and evidence-based protocols, reduce the likelihood of medication errors, and rapidly restore access to data in the case of a disaster or outage.
- Ingalls Care Network, Ingalls Health System's Medicare Accountable Care Organization (ACO), recently became the only ACO in Illinois – and among the top 20 in the nation – eligible to share in savings generated through the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Although a newcomer to the Medicare Shared Savings Program, the one-year-old Ingalls Care Network has proven it's no novice when it comes to delivering high-quality, cost-effective care, saving Medicare more than $6 million in 2014 by reducing the cost of care per enrolled patient by more than nine percent. And while that's a direct benefit of reducing unnecessary medical care, the ultimate goal of Ingalls Care Network is ensuring doctors focus on delivering quality care at the appropriate time and in the most appropriate care setting. The real benefits are to the overall health of our Medicare patients.
Other national distinctions that Ingalls has achieved include:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna and Cigna have cited Ingalls as a preferred orthopedics provider for consistently delivering better results for patients undergoing total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has awarded Ingalls the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes Ingalls's commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines.
- Ingalls has achieved national recognition for its cancer program, including accreditation (with a perfect score) by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, designation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and Accreditation with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.