This specialty focuses on the causes and treatments of diseases in the joints, muscles and connective tissues. The rheumatologists at Ingalls collaborate with primary care physicians and other specialists throughout the hospital to give patients specialized care of the highest quality.
We provide services in the diagnosis and treatment of all rheumatic diseases including:
- Arthritis - joint disease
- Bursitis/tendonitis - inflammation of pressure points near joints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome - a disease causing exhaustion without any apparent reason
- Fibromyalgia - a disease that causes wide-spread body pain and uncontrollable fatigue
- Osteoporosis - a disease that leads to brittle bones that break easily