At One of Four Convenient Locations
For maximum patient convenience, Ingalls offers Outpatient Rehabilitation services at four area locations:
- Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey
- Ingalls Center for Outpatient Rehabilitation (ICOR) in Calumet City
- Ingalls Family Care Center in Flossmoor
- Ingalls Family Care Center in Tinley Park
Comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and audiology services are offered at all four locations.
The following services are also available on an outpatient basis:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Audiology Services
- Wound Care
- Pediatric Therapy
HydroTrack is a unique physical therapy modality available at Ingalls Family Care Center in Flossmoor. An “underwater” treadmill, the HydroTrack provides buoyancy to reduce impact on joints during rehabilitation. The therapy is most often used to condition the back and lower extremities. HydroTrack therapy is appropriate for individuals with a wide range of illness or injuries, including problems of the back or joints, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's disease.
For more information, call 708.915.8465.
Rehabilitation therapy for children is offered at the main campus in Harvey and at Ingalls Family Care Center in Flossmoor. Our highly skilled therapists design treatment programs to maximize a child's function and independence, and help him/her reach individual and family goals.
Utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach that includes the physician, orthotist and the child's school system, our occupational, speech and physical therapists work closely with each other to help patients achieve their goals.
Occupational therapy services include treatment of:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
Speech therapy services include:
- Auditory and language processing
- Feeding, swallowing and oral/motor
- Receptive/expressive language disorders
Physical therapy services include:
- Gait and balance deficit treatment
- Neuromuscular disorders treatment
- Orthopedic injuries treatment
- Gait analysis
- Orthotic assessments
A physician referral is needed to schedule an appointment.
For more information, call the main hospital at 708.915.5062 or Ingalls Family Care Center in Flossmoor at 708.915.8465.
Classes & events
Feeling unsteady? Dizzy? Is your balance just not what it used to be? Come for a free balance screening using standardized assessments by a trained vestibular/balance physical therapist, to assess your risk for falls during your daily activities. Screenings will be performed by Stacey Yoder, P.T., Vestibular Clinical Specialist.
The goal of the program is to ensure safe driving by helping clients modify their driving habits to enable them to continue to get where they need to go safely. The occupational therapists may recommend adaptive equipment or driving strategies that improve driving abilities.
Low Vision Program
This service is offered by a low vision optometrist and Ingalls Occupational Therapy department. The goal of the program is to maximize a client's remaining vision to facilitate safe and independent performance of everyday tasks in one's environment.
- American Cancer Society
- Amputee Coalition of America
- Arthritis Foundation
- Guillain-Barre Foundation International
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis
- National Parkinsons Foundation
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission
- The Barr Foundation (United Amputee Assistance Fund)